12 June 2024

Stay at home Mum

Today is the first day where I start my No Pay Leave! So scary, the thought that im not going to have any income and can't spend freely as i use to makes me worried. But i know i have sufficient funds to last me till next year so i asked for NPL till Apr 2025 when baby is 18 months old and can go playgroup. 

Many asked :" Why you want to take NPL? Your baby has your MIL to take care why you want to take?" The reason is exactly so! Ever since i went back work from ML, i'm so worried that she will stick to MIL because she will be the main caregiver, which will be my biggest nightmare. Also there is this Mummy's guilt and jealousy, i dont want her to want other adults except me or my hubby. In addition its my MIL, not my own mum, therefore i still am apprehensive of the way she take care of her and there are times where i really want to just take care of my baby and she is in the way, either nag and say things, instructing me not to do this or that or keep holding my baby. I also try not to be a bitch and complain about MIL but really, there seems to be this MIL-baby-mum love/hate scenario worldwide where definitely there will be conflict in terms of how to raise the baby, how to change diaper, how to make her sleep,  what she drinks/eat, etc. In addition, im currently still living at their house, hence you can assume more times to have conflicts. However it also means free baby care and we can go out to have time alone and leave her in their care, which is really the main reason why im still living here.

Oh and another reason is im so tired from waking up in the dead of the night for the last 7 months to pump, so i think take this leave makes me more sane too. Also Kudos to me from still breastfeeding till 7 months ! I thought i wont even last 1 month and now im still going. But the intervals are also stretch to 5-6 hours so i can have more time for myself instead of being a cow haha!

& Finally my new house is coming soon! My Champions Green estate already have people collecting keys, although my blk is the last to give :( But its ok as i havent yet find contractor/ID and still contemplating which one to hire. Some criteria we are looking at:

1) Budget for reno including electricals: <$20K

2) Basic carpentry for living room, cabinets for 2 bed rooms, kitchen cabinets (most likely given to my father's company)

3) Flooring to be tiles for living room, and vinyl for bedrooms

We have our design and plan so we are thinking to spend the least amount of money as possible. Also the location is not good and we will move out after MOP in 5 years time. So no need for extravagant reno, although i really wanted to makeover a house until its like hotel. But sadly not possible. Live small, in our own means and we dont need to be a working slave till 70 years old haha

Now i have to spend my time to research more, and accompany my baby and just rest too. Hope you are doing great too!!💓


Gtg and enjoy my no money days XD 😅

No comments: